Send attachments of any size and receive notification when they are accessed.
This plugin can be configured to automatically replace attachments with an URL (link). Emails with attachments above a specified size have the attachment removed, stored by mxHero and replaced with a URL pointing to the file. As such, an email that had a 10Mb file becomes a 15Kb message with a link. When recipient wants to retrieve the attachment, he clicks on the link. As an added benefit, the sender can receive notification of when the attachment was accessed.
Gmail does not allow uploading more than 25mb in attachments. However, emails over 10mb are generally rejected by non-gmail email systems. With Hero Attach you can send up to 25mb emails to anyone.
- Permits email to be used to transfer large files. Currently many email systems only allow attachments up to approximately 10Mb.
- Alternatively, allows file sharing using email.
- Reduces the size of email attachments. Files increase in size by about 1/3 when being transmitted via Email. Ex. a 10Mb file becomes 13Mb when sent via email. With Hero Attach files actually become smaller than their original size because they are compressed when delivered.
- Saves bandwidth. When email is sent to more than one person, a complete copy is sent to all users. This means that an email with a 10Mb attachment sent to 5 people, even if only for formality, requires more than 50Mb to transfer.
- Sender can be notified when the recipient accesses the attachment.
Samantha sends a 25Mb video file to her friend Mary by attaching it to an email.
Construction company X saves bandwidth and gains capability by ensuring that large (25Mb) construction project CAD files are converted to URLs in emails.